It's been a while since I've updated this section . When I built my
Gentlemans racer back in 1991 it took a year and a half of my after
work spare time . This dispro project is taking considerably longer .
A few of the factors that I've attributed this to are the increased
complexity of the project , and the number of mechanical parts that
I'm actually having to make from scratch . ----Not to mention that I'm
not as young as I was in 1991 and simply don't have the same amount of
energy after 5 that I did back then .The engine is starting to come
together . One of the things that I did was to make a new timer with a
modification that allows it to be removed from the engine without
taking the flywheel off .
Above is the new modified timer.
I managed to talk Bob Skinner a talented machinist and antique
outboard guru to spin two new copper water jackets that realy set the
engine off . There are still a lot of other little details to be
taken care of ---the mixture needle from the carburetor is
missing , so I have to make a new one . Not a big deal , but just one
more thing to deal with . Hopefully this summer will be the launch .